Set Apart as Holy Vessels
2 Timothy 2:21 (ESV): “Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonourable, he will be a vessel for honourable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.”
Let us be determined this week to:
Live as honourable vessels, set apart for God’s purposes, and always ready to serve Him in every good work. The Word of God is alive and active, as we read in Hebrews 4:12, and it has the power to penetrate deep into our hearts and transform our lives. It sanctifies us to become more like Jesus and enables us to share God’s love, grace and redemption with others. As followers of Christ, we are called to live holy lives according to God’s standards. We get to be faithful ambassadors of the message of hope and salvation, found only in Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit in and through us. In 1 Peter 1:15-16 (Paraphrased), we are urged as obedient children of God to move towards a way of life shaped by God’s life – a life energized by doing good and blazing with holiness. God said, “I am holy; now you be holy.”
But what does being set apart as a holy vessel entail? Here are a few thoughts to help us examine this further; and to pray for God to reveal His special plan and purpose for each of us. We are invited to:
– Embrace the teachings of Jesus and imitate His character and conduct.
– Abide in Christ and love others and ourselves unconditionally, and without judgment.
– Ask God for wisdom and discernment to fulfil our divine purpose and calling.`
– Trust that God’s mercies will never fail us and that we are secure in His hands. Even when we don’t understand what we are going through, He is always in control.
– Give thanks in all circumstances.
– Find strength in prayer, supportive Godly people, worshipping God, and being immersed in His Word.
– See life from God’s perspective and never lose sight of the hope that we have in Him.
– Encourage others through our testimonies of faith.
– Serve God and others with a humble heart.
– Show kindness and generosity to strangers, welcoming and caring for those around us, showing hospitality and compassion to all.
– Establish trust within our relationships by always speaking the truth and living out our faith.
– Forgive quickly.
– Actively engage in intercessory prayer, standing in the gap, praying on behalf of others, and seeking God’s mercy, forgiveness and intervention in the face of sin, faithlessness and suffering.
– Seek God’s heart and His will for our world, nations, communities and homes.
– Sing of God’s goodness and faithfulness throughout our lives.
Let us thank our Heavenly Father – that He has called us to be holy vessels, set apart for His divine purpose, so that we can reflect His love, mercy and grace to those around us. May we allow His Spirit to empower and equip us for the work He has called us to – always behaving in a manner that is true, transformative and honouring to His holy name.
Father, thank You for Your Word and for breaking it open for us. Thank You that You want to use us. Thank You that You want to use us as honourable vessels – ready for Your good works. I pray Lord, that we will value Your Word and that we will use it in gentleness and in patience to change lives. May we guard the good deposit of Your Word that You have entrusted to us for Your glory, for the benefit of Your church, for the benefit of ourselves. I pray this in Jesus’ name.
Father, let us learn how to abide in love through hospitality and keeping to Christ’s standards. Let us love well by showing love to strangers. May we establish trust with others in order to have the right to speak into their lives. May we not be deceived by watering down Christ’s standards for ourselves. Come Holy Spirit and empower Your sons and daughters today. May we be a shining light – Your representatives to a lost world. In Jesus’ name.
So, Spirit of God, thank You that You have given us spiritual eyes to see. We are not helpless wanderers in a land being taken over by wickedness and darkness. God, we have Your light. We have the light of Christ. And Your Word challenges us to arise so that Your light can come through us, Father. I pray as we sit here in prayer, that we will intercede for those things which You’ve revealed that break Your heart – things that are evil, and wicked, Father God. Lord, I intercede on behalf of every nation that is represented here – every community – every city. As Your people, we declare that we will not be satisfied until we’ve interceded, until we’ve seen Heaven come to earth. So, Lord, equip us, empower us, give us faith, give us the spiritual eyes to see what You’ve asked us to intercede for.
Father, I ask that You would help us to see from Your perspective. May we learn in the midst of anything going on, to multiply and to build. Lord, we know that You are the God of all hope.
Dear Lord, thank You for Your goodness, Your faithfulness and Your blessings. Thank You for teaching us to trust You when we encounter difficulty. May we live lives of purpose and see Your will accomplished for our good and for Your glory. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
(This WRAP is with great appreciation towards Tanya, Natalie, Jackie, Debbie and Robin}
Subscribe to our Podcast Channel