Running our Earthly Race Together!
Matthew 5:3-10 (KJV): “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Let us be determined this week to:
Embrace God’s rhythms of life which are contrary to the world! Our brokenness, submission, need and yearning for God are important to Him. He calls us to embody the principles of giving, mercy, purity of heart, reconciliation, and identification with Christ. Although modern culture may not prioritise these values, let’s open ourselves to God’s guidance. Let’s bless and positively influence those around us.
Living God’s way involves:
– Immersing ourselves in His Word and deepening our relationship with Him.
– Applying Jesus’ teachings to our lives, following His example, and learning His unforced rhythms of grace.
– Embracing changes – as they develop, transform and equip us to live according to God’s standards and become more like Jesus. This provides opportunities for growth and refocuses our priorities.
– Letting go of anything that is not aligned with God’s will in order to receive His blessings and be a blessing to others.
– Running our race on earth with perseverance, fixing our eyes on Jesus and allowing Him to work through us.
– Trusting that God is for us, and that nothing can ever stand against us. He will lead us through all seasons of life.
– Looking for opportunities to be God’s representatives here on earth – living differently and for His glory!
– Embracing our relationships and friendships – treasuring the people God has placed in our lives. Let us intentionally love, serve, instruct, and forgive one another, just as Jesus taught us. By doing life together and keeping each other accountable, we can grow and learn together and display the love of Jesus everywhere we go. Let us ask God to help us strengthen each other to keep following His plan for our lives, pursuing Him wholeheartedly.
As we journey along the path that God has for us, let’s grow in our faith and persevere until the end. Above all, may we pursue the common goal of putting God first in our lives, loving Him and loving one another. May all we do and all we are bring honour to God and further His Kingdom here on earth.
Father, help us to understand Your activity in our lives. I pray for each one here, that You will develop in us the qualities expressed in the Beatitudes. Help us to eagerly step into the rhythms of life with You. Thank You for an opportunity to be a representative of Your Kingdom. In Jesus’ name.
Dear Father God, we are Your people. Help us to deepen our relationship with You – now and forever more. Thank You for blessing us with Your loyal Priesthood in our lives. May we never forget what a privilege it is to be Your ambassadors here on earth. Through the intercession of the Holy Spirit, help us draw closer to You and stand in our authority each and every day. Help us to be courageous Lord, knowing that we have victory in our circumstances, and over our challenges. We can pray as intercessors over our family, over our work, over our community, and over our church. May we never take that for granted. We will stand firm in our responsibility to love and build up the faithful that You hold in the palm of Your hands. Thank You Lord Jesus for Your sacrifice for us.
Father, we just want to thank You for the changes in our lives. Thank You Lord, for the doors that You want to open in the future. Thank You for new people coming into our lives God.
Father, I pray for my brothers and sisters today all through the nations. May Your resurrection power fill and empower us to run the race with all perseverance. I ask You to strengthen, uplift, encourage, and edify us – so that we do not lose heart and grow weary. In Jesus’ name.
Dear Jesus, You created us in such a special way. Psalm 139:14 reminds us, “I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made”. You made us relational beings who find deep joy in being with other believers. We learn more about You as we share our lives in Christ with other believers. We thank You Lord for this gracious gift. We pray Lord that our Godly friendships would reflect Your love to the people in the world around – us who may struggle with their relationships. May they come to know the peace in their hearts and the peace in relationships that can only be experienced through a personal relationship with You. May our witness in word and deed, and even through precious friendships, bring others to a saving knowledge in You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
(This WRAP is with great appreciation towards Denise, Natalie, Robin, Ingrid, Mary Lynn and Amanda)
Subscribe to our Podcast Channel