A heart and mind audit…
Romans 12:2 (ESV): “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect”.
Let us be determined this week to allow God to search our hearts and reveal His truth to us.
May we honestly review the condition of our hearts and minds in response to the following questions:
– Do we truly believe that God is interested in every detail of our lives?
– Do we spend enough time in God’s Word and in His presence – continuously drawing closer to Him?
– Do we pray without ceasing in all circumstances?
– Do we continuously worship our Lord for being good and ever-present in our lives?
– Do we regularly quieten our hearts from the distractions and noise around us – to be still and hear God speaking to us?
– Do we trust God enough?
– Do we surrender our emotions at the foot of the cross?
– Do we take our negative thoughts – and the lies we believe about God, ourselves and others captive, and make them obedient to the will and truth of God?
– Do we have faith (even if it is the size of a mustard seed) to change our perspective and focus on Jesus, rather than on what is happening around us?
– Do we build a wall of faith (a faith-memorial) by recording and remembering God’s blessings and miracles in our lives?
– Do we regularly encourage others – allowing the love, grace and strength we have received from God to overflow to the world around us?
Our God is infinitely greater than we could ever think or imagine. Let’s ask God to renew our minds and give us a heavenly, faith-based perspective. May we desire to draw closer and closer to Him, and to be still in His presence. Let’s ask Him to fill us afresh with His Spirit, His love and His life-giving Hope – so that we are overflowing and radiating His light wherever we go.
Father God, we are so glad that you allow us to come to Your throne of grace, and that we can feel Your breath upon us. We need to be intentional to draw close to You because that’s when we can hear Your voice and feel Your breath. Father I ask that You remind us to take moments during the day to spend time with You… special times to feel Your breath, and to remind ourselves that Your yoke is light. You have our burdens in Your hands, and You are in control of it all. Thank You Jesus.
Our Heavenly Father – today we come to You in the precious name of Jesus who was willing to sacrifice Himself so that we could be redeemed, so that we can be free from anything that is not from You. Thank You for every promise that You have given us. You are with us and we should be strong and courageous.
Heavenly Father, please forgive us when we get stuck in our own lives and lose focus on You and on what is really important. We may have many questions, but one day we will understand everything. I pray for peace during uncertainty. We want to trust You and feel close to You. Help us to understand Your Word and share it with others. Bless each person listening to this message. You know their hearts and what they are experiencing or going through right now.
Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your love for us, for the way You care for us, for Your Son who died on the cross. Bring these things to mind Lord, when we get overwhelmed. Help us to recall that we have those memorials, to remember how You have met our needs in the past.
Father, thank You that we can understand that You are truly God, that you are present in every situation of our lives, and that You care more than we could ever know. We apologise for believing the lies of the enemy and of this world. We need to shift our focus and hold on to Your Word and Your promises about us and about our circumstances. Please help us to move our faith back to You and change our perspective, so we can see the world and circumstances from Your vantage point. Amen.
(This WRAP is with great appreciation to Willem, Welmarie, Lydia, Carina & Tracey)